Friday, June 03, 2011

Busy Life


Life is so busy these days. My first year of teaching third grade is coming to a close. My grandchildren are growing up. My husband has been sick, but is slowly getting better. At work, all of the usual end-of-the-year things are made more evident by the haste with which they need to be addressed. End of the year TPRIs; end of the year ORIs; Math Profiles; Reading Profiles; Cleaning out folders; packing away wall hangings; Filing paperwork; attending meetings; and meetings; and meetings, etc.

We had our field trip the other day, what an awesome time we had. A ride on "The Miss Buffalo", a boat that took us around to look at the cityscape. Unfortunately, due to the extremely windy weather and turbulent water, we were unable to go through the locks, something we had looked forward to. "But you said we would", said one of my students. Amazing to think that he expects that I have the capability to plan the route.

No comments: