Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blogging

I have found that, unfortunately, I don't get to this blogging task often enough. My last post was about the birth of Benjamin, and since then, when I got home, I have been dealing with a very sick husband. Two days after I arrived in Buffalo I had to take him to the emergency room - that was early in the morning of Easter Sunday. By Monday evening, he was in the ICU at Sisters Hospital in Buffalo, where he remained for 6 days, then in a regular room for 3 more days.

When he came home (after a suggestion that he go to rehab instead), he has been on oxygen and IV meds, still exhausted most of the time, but slowly but surely (very slowly) making progress.

It has been an eye-opening several weeks, in many ways. We came close to losing him, and even he realized that he really almost didn't come home. I have learned that I can do many things that I did not really know I could do - mowing the lawn for example, and learned a few valuable lessons. The garbage cans do not automatically sprout little legs and walk themselves up the driveway.

Some of the things that were more important have become much less so, and my gratefulness that he is home has not diminished. I discovered that there are many, many prayer chains and prayer lists in our community, and that in a small town where most people know each other, or at least know of each other, a short trip to the grocery store resulted in having several conversations about his progress.

I am grateful for our family, this town, my friends, my colleagues, and my church family. Thank you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, Amy and thaks for updating us on Lynn. We are all so very thankful for his progress, and to realize how scary it must have been for all of you...thank ALL the powers that be for answered prayer. Thinking of you both and sending love. ginny

Amy said...

Thanks, Ginny!